Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

एक शिशु खेल गीत : चकई के चकदुम (A Nursery Play Song -Chik-china-chik )


Around one & half a decade before I had written a nursery play song in Hindi  " 'Chakai-ke-chakdum'  which is now a part of the  NCERT - HINDI TEXT BOOK " RIMJHIM-1." Here,  I have made an attempt to adapt in English  with a slight change in content to follow the rhythm  I hope my readers will like it and shall provide me with their  feedback on this composition too:  



Chik-china-chik 
-Ramesh Tailang 

Chik-china,chik-china, chik-china-chik
That is my village hut where we live.

Chik-china,chik-china,chik-china-chik
That is my cow who gives us milk.

Chik-china,chik-china,chik-china-chik
That is my boat which sails us quick.

Chik-china,chik-china,chik-china-chik
That is my orchard, all green,thick.

Chik-china,chik-china,chik-china-chik
Let us all go now  for   a picnic.


चकई के चकदुम
- रमेश तैलंग 

चकई के चकदुम, चकई के चकदुम!
गांव की मडैया, साथ रहें हम-तुम!

चकई के चकदुम, चकई के चकदुम!
ग्वाले के गैया, दूध पियें हम-तुम!

चकई के चकदुम, चकई के चकदुम!
कागज़ की नैया, पार करें हम-तुम!

चकई के चकदुम, चकई के चकदुम!
फुलवा की बगिया,फूल चुने हम-तुम!

चकई के चकदुम, चकई के चकदुम!
खेल खतम भैया, आओ चलें हम-तुम. 



photo credit: google search

1 comment: